Where do you buy your girls clothes? Like 5-10 year olds...?

I am so thankful that DD wears uniforms to school this year. It seems like it is really hard to find inexpensive clothing that is not low cut, too short, tacky (plastered in TV show branding or filled with rude sayings) or just plain too grown up looking.

I find myself drawn to more expensive clothing because it is more 'little girl' looking. I can't explain it really well I guess... I just know she is only 5 and wearing size 6 and I want her to look 5 not 15. KWIM?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Shopping

• Use to. Mostly walmart. and the Exchange(formally known as the PX)

Answer by louise2 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• The few times I have bought stuff in that age group I have bought from Gap because I agree a lot of clothes are way to grown up looking even for my 2yo DD.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• The Children's Place
    Crazy 8
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I buy almost all of dd's clothes from Gymboree (I've been buying from there since she was a newborn). I like their styles and the clothes are made well and most everything has matching accessories. I also buy from Gap Kids and Crazy 8 (sister company of Gymboree).
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Children's place and some things from Justice (t-shirts are pretty inexpensive), and then a few pieces from places like Target, Nordstrom rack, TJMaxx, Macy's - sale items, and if I am in a browsing mood consignment stores.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• we bought the kids clothes at thrift stores, Walmart and Target mostly
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• walmart & kohls. kohls has really great sales & walmart is always cheap. im just now starting the "this is supposed to be worn by a little girl?!" stage...its really sad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Justice, the children's place, target, and penny's. you just have to be selective no matter where you shop

Answer by missanc at 6:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• We went to Old Navy last weekend and got the girls a ton of stuff!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• At this point mostly Wal-Mart because that is where I spend most of my shopping time and DD isn't to the point to where she really cares about where her clothes are bought. We also do JCPenney, The Children's Place, Target, Kohl's, Macy's, Sears. And sometimes if she is really lucky, we will get an outfit at Justice.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2013