What does it mean when a facebook user is posting on here?

How is that linked?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in About CafeMom

• They probably let new members log in with facebook instead of creating a profile. Many sites are going to linked accounts.

Not exactly. When they did the answers update a few years ago, they basically made CM Answers a different site than CM. If you're a CM member, you can post in answers like always, but you don't have to be a CM member to be an Answers member. That's why you have a separate CM Answers profile page that has a different address than your CM profile page. Anyone who is a CM member has one acct - as soon as they post in answers, they get a second ID number just for answers. Anyone on FB can use Answers from FB without ever seeing the main CM page, but everything they do shows up as first name, last initial, and they can't change it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Also if you just search for CM answers (Google, yahoo) you will find you can look and answers and also look at profiles. You do not have to be a member or signed in.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I wish they would make it so you had to log in to see the questions and answers

Barring that, it's something they should make crystal clear to people before they sign up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I've seen that. I guess they don't have accounts here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Answers is public. If you Google your SN your answers will show up.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I wish they would make it so you had to log in to see the questions and answers. my privacy is compromised here. I have been too descriptive.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• No idea. Here is a bump.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• agrred np
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2013