Is this weird? adult sleepover

my 8 yr old is friends with a kid and my husband is friends with the dad. the dad just bought a new home about an hour away from us. so husband and son come home today and say the friend has invited us to sleepover next weekend and the kids will ride dirtbikes.

i am cool with hanging out but sleeping over? i don't even know this guy plus i'm a bit old to sleep on an air mattress at the home of another adult. just seems weird. why can't we just visit for the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My sisters and I have sleepovers.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Hidden, our son is 8. He is not allowed anywhere without us. Not even for an hour....
    The weird thing is the guy is single and only has a 14 yr old daughter. They met at the dirtbike track. Why the hell would we have a sleepover with a teen girl? I didn't really realize that until today when I asked more about the situation.

I have said NO to the over night. We will simply go up there for the day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I love sleepovers lol and I am sure he only through it in for the kids sake maybe let them sleepover and you and hubby go home and have some alone time.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I've done it a few times when it would be along way to drive home. I'd rather be home in my own bed, but sometimes logistics make staying over with someone the best option.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I am also with silver.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I'm actually going to an adult sleepover (girl's night) next weekend.
    I'm doing the toy party, the ladies are doing each other's nails, drinking wine, watching Magic Mike, and spending the night!
    It's not a bad idea!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I don't see what the big deal is, you can have a couple of drinks and not have to worry? Do you think he wants something else fro
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• would you atay at someons home if you went out of town?
    seems pretty mucht he same to me just not so far away, no big deal- your husband will be with you right?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I would be uncomfortable. I like silver's idea.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Or let it be a guys' overnight and you enjoy some "me" time at home......or get together with a friend you have not seen in a long time.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2013