why do individuals believe they have some much knowledge about our president?

everyday i see the same people comment on something or post a question that Obama has done and I wonder do they think they can even really grasp the reasons why he is making the desicions he is making, i mean is it just me or is it funny that they can only voice there non-support of our president on this chat site, so my question is what do you think about my veiws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think its funny because everything is filtered and not from an EXACT source.. the news gets it from people who have heard or have "seen" something or "think theyve seen something" or hear it from another person who heard it from another person...

unless it comes directly from his mouth... i dont even acknowledge it because it ISNT a reliable source.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Eh...I agree. I have no clue what's really going on out there, so who am I to judge the decisions he's making based on much knowledge I don't have? I'm just going with the flow here hoping all goes well with this presidency! lol
    Cathy2005

Answer by Cathy2005 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• People are not stupid. Look how he campaigned and look at what he has done. He tried to get people in his cabinet who all had tax problems. Geitner secretary of the treasury didn't pay taxes but still got in and is of no help - stock market has tanked because he has offered no solutions. Stimulus bill is loaded with pork that will do no good to help people get jobs. No one has even fully read the darn thing it is too long and there are hand written notes in it for extra freebies for Reid and cronies. He released the terrorist who bombed the USS Cole which killed 17 of our military, signed to close GITMO with no place appointed to take them to yet and on and on. You can look at what he has done and see why people have no faith in him.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Likely because they are Republicans that will find fault with everything he does. Bush was about as crooked and sneaky as you can get and they probably supported him to the hilt. Talk about uneducated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i think some people on this site are so far right wing that they would only be happy if we had a dictatorship that told us what to do and how to behave and what to believe or else you die. thats what i think. and this is coming from someone who is pretty right wing herself. but i mean if Big Brother works for them then have at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• scorpio I agree with some of your points but seriously the stock market tanked well before he was elected.

I disagree that Obama supporters are all on food stamps. He was my second choice because the indepent parties never win. I just pray God helps him.

DH and I both work very hard. He occassionally is laid off but the money he collects is money his employer paid to the state to provide those benefits. Right now we are both in school so that should something happen to our jobs we are secure. We have started piling cash and moving to a smaller home. We will be fine and its no help of the government. I would much rather go to the store with my own money and buy my ramen noodles and mac N cheese without the government knowing about it.

Think about this those on food stamps or welfare its just the government putting their mark on you early. They know everything they buy (well except those that sell for drugs)
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 7:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree that the stock market tanked way before Obama was probably even considering politics...exaggeration? Maybe, but either way, Obama is NOT responsible for it....whether he does anything to fix it remains to be seen and let me tell you it didn't happen over night, so it won't get fixed over night!!

As for the welfare mentality...sure there are always the bad apples that make the bunch sour...but what about the millions of Americans living way beyond their means...screwing with the credit bureaus (sp) and housing industry, causing interest rates to go up because they can't afford to pay their houses, cars, fancy clothes and outrageously priced dinners?? They too are responsible for the bad economy! The big businesses that are laying off thousands of 'innocent' people are to blame too for spending, building and hiring beyond their means...I take offense to placing the blame on the underdog...it's getting old and stale.
    mkcosmeticsgirl

Answer by mkcosmeticsgirl at 8:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• bloodbought--

you rock

(Rent A Center computers....Bwahahahahaha!!!!)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• OP--

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Those of us who frequently post/respond in the Politics and Current Events section never claimed to know more about Obama than anyone else does, but we DO know about POLITICS, and that is what makes us seem like experts to you!

MANY of us are well over the age of 18, and have cast votes in MANY local and national elections over the years, and, believe it or not, actually follow politics year round; not because we have nothing better to do with our lives, but because we care about our country, and want to keep those people WE ELECTED to office ACCOUNTABLE! We do not "tune in" every 4 years, and cast a vote for superficial reasons, as many others do. We actually do our best to research a candidates platform issues, voting record, and try and look past the rhetoric to disseminate the REAL agenda before deciding who we support.

Try it sometime...you might like it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• A dictatorship is NOT right wing. It is the other hand of the left wing agenda. It always amazes me that people listen to the left wing rhetoric and never check out what is being said. Right wing politics are about individual responsibilities and keeping the government accountable. Society must have government...a necessary evil...but the government is to serve the educated population, not control it.
    Scoutmamaof4

Answer by Scoutmamaof4 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2009