Ok, what do I get my sister in law for her baby shower?

army.wife23

Asked by army.wife23 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something for a baby.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• something off her registry that you can afford

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Does she have a registry that would be a good place to start but things like diapers in like size 1 or maybe a certificate for a spa day to let her be pampered.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• My number one favorite gift I ever got was a gift certificate for a photography session. It is what I give now every time now. lol. It is always appreciated and used. Plus who doesn't like new born pictures!?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I LOVE that idea But_mommie!

I was just at a baby shower yesterday, I was with her when she bought over $200 worth of clothes for this baby, so I didn't want to get her clothes. I got her Chicken soup for mothers with daughters or something like that, and wrapped it in a pretty blanket.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Infant playmat, exersaucer, or a swing? Those things were indispensable to me. The exersaucer she won't be able to use for several months, but she will get a lot of use out of it once she's ready!
    And/or gift certificates for take out - cooking those first few weeks at home can be tough with a newborn!

Answer by missanc at 7:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• If she doesn't have a registry, I usually give a gift certificate to Target (or wherever they usually shop for everyday things) and a little gift. For gifts I like to give my favorite board books and Aden and Anais swaddling blankets. The blankets come in 2 sizes so be sure to get the ones that are 47"x47" - they are my favorite blankets for swaddling and general use, but since they are kinda pricy new parents sometimes don't think they are worth getting... but they are worth it!

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Diapers, wipes, onesies, baby shampoos, lotions, etc., monitors, gates & other baby proofing items, baby book, crib sheets, hooded towels, a safe baby feeder, etc. There are so many possibilities. Maybe the family could pitch in together to get her some of the big stuff she needs. (like car seat, crib, swing...)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I usually just get a big box or two of diapers because I know they'll be used. But my favorite gift when I had my baby was a footprint-making kit so I could take an ink footprint of my newborn and frame it as a keepsake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• You can get her diapers, wipes, clothes, baby lotion, shampoo, stuff for her, a baby swing, a bouncer. Anything really.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2013