is it possible to be pregnant and have sickness in the evening or afternoon instead of in the morning?

i was sleeping with someone unprotected and think i may be pregnant i took an at home test and it was negative but i get sick every day but not in the morning and i get random heartburn and i never used to get hart burn plus i used to smoke a pack o cigs a day and lately i been only able to take a couple drags at a time before it makes me feel sick.... i have not had my cycle for over a month but im not sure when exactly i should have gotten it so i was not sure when to take a test im really confused and dont know wast to do....

lonely2013

Asked by lonely2013 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes, totally possible.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Yes it's very possible.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Yes, I had morning sickness whenever I felt tired.

Answer by Bmat at 7:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• If you're late test now. There's no reason to wait.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• duh

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Morning sickness is a misnomer morning sickness just refers to nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Morning sickness can occur morning, noon, and night. I would say if you are late and experiencing pregnancy symptoms take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning and if you aren't start using protection and talk to your doctor about your symptoms it could be something else.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Yup, you can get "morning" sickness any time of the day really. You can test again if you are late, but if you really think something is going on go in for a blood test to be sure. STOP smoking completely until you know for sure!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I was always sick in the evening.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Congrats!
    Lesson learned, I hope.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Yes. Morning sickness can happen any time, or all the time. Typically it happens when your blood sugar drops, so it might help to carry crackers or other mild snacks with you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2013