Birthday gift for a 10 year old boy w/ Asperger's...

Ds got invited to a birthday party of one of his classmates from his social skills class. All I know about him is that he is like video games and legos. I don't know what he has or what specifically he likes... I am leaning towards a gift card to Game Stop but it seems like a cop out gift. lol.

I know I should be able to ask Ds what his friend would like but he has no idea. He keeps suggesting things he wants. I am not sure he gets it. lol.

What do you think?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Shopping

• I would probably go with a $15 Lego set and attach a gift receipt in case he already has it.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• What about this book... What do you think?

But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I think he would enjoy that book especially since he likes legos.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• There are some fun Star Wars Lego sets out that he might like.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Rayman's Raving Rabbids 2 for Wii is a funny game that kids and adults of all ages seem to enjoy. It includes silly games like fart wars, music challenges, burping wars, etc. and really encourages social skills. A 3 yr old, 6 yr old, 8 yr old and 10 year old all had fun playing it and begged their parents to get it, too. I'd check with his parents on what game systems he has or just ask them straight out what games he really wants. Better to get them something they want than risk a miss.

Some of the other versions of the game aren't as good as Version 2.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• so what did u get?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Nothing yet. :( I am leaning towards the book and a gift Card but Carl REALLY wants to get him play-doh- but I have no idea how this kid feels about it.... I mean if he is 'too old' for it or not...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• some children with aspergers don't like playdoh.....the feel of it and smell can be too much.....I hope you got him something fun anyways! I always call the parents and ask what the child is into anyways,it's just easier that way!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2013