How long does it does it take for someone to be release after the bail was post?

Little0921

Asked by Little0921 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Its really up to the jail and depends on the amount of detainees being processed for release, in other words, they work on a first in, first out basis. The bail agent has no authority over the jail to expedite any detainee's release. But friday, saturday, and sunday nights are generally pretty busy.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Depends on how long it takes to out-process (give all their belongings back, paperwork, etc.) but usually that process starts immediately after it's posted... 30-45 mins maybe depending on how they are staffed.

Are you sure you want to bail your child out right away? Sometimes, it's a good wake-up call free of charge by Uncle Sam. Let them stew in the consequences of their actions for a while...Just saying... that's how most delinquents start to shape up.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• If it was my kid he'd sit there and rot.
    I told him if his dumb-ass friends get him in trouble, his dumb-ass friends can raise money to get him out.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• If he admits/was caught then let him sit there for a few days. Usually they go before a judge on Mondays and can ge released on their own if it's their first go. After going before the judge it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours depending on how many are being processed. If it's not their first then leave them there. They should have learned the first time.

If you believe they are innocent then by all means bail them out. I know my dh was and he had to sit in jail for 3 days before he could go before a judge. I was soooo ticked at his ex dd.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Depends on the jail.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2013