Idk what to do

My daughter has suddenly started saying "ow" when shes getting punished or talked to...nobody is harming her or even tpuching her...what could this be coming from? And where??? Is It a phase?? Shes 3 And a half.

She goes to my exes parents on thurs but she seems to enjoy it there.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my DD did this too. i asked her why she was saying "ow" and after asking every time she did it (about a million times haha) she said "cause you hurt my feelings!" i had to explain that "ow" was for when someone hurts you on the outside and that when her feelings were hurt to tell me with other words. when she got a bigger vocabulary the "ow" thing went away. i wouldnt worry too much, so long as you know no one is actually hurting her.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I would ask her where it hurts, I think she is smart enough to realize this makes you stop and take a step back, even at 3 they know how to "work" Mommy and Daddy!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Is she upset, crying, or just saying it. Ask her if she has been hurt or hit by anyone.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• It is probably a phase. My child went through so many and still is. Ex: Got home from grandmas when he was 2, He stepped out of the car and walked over to the dog and said, "DAMN DOG" I was shocked and I had a hard time breaking this little habit of his.
    If you know for a fact that no one is hurting her , then it is most likely a phase and will pass.
    Just wait for the next one LOL.
    katiejon

Answer by katiejon at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• No she just says it like shes afraid of us and it bothers me cos idk what its from. I dont think shs is being harmed elsewhere and she definitely isnt at our house
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• @okmanders, I wonder if that could be it! Or maybe its to distract us from the original scolding. Thanks for the responses!! :)
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2013