Essure adult content

Hello!

I'm 31 yrs old, 2 kids, kinda want more but my SO is thinking we're done. I"m 95% sure I'm done with having kids but I think just being a mom you always kinda have that thought of "maybe just 1 more" in the back of your mind.

Anyhow, a little back story. I've been taking bc for years. Every pill is different. I acutally got pregnant while on Sprintec, tried LoLoEstrin FE had some break through bleeding and the latest Generess helped me gain 10 lbs in the last year. I'm tired of taking pills everyday. Nuva Ring i tried and it was just weird and not for me. I fear an IUD implant making intercourse feel funny ( i hear that the whiskers can be felt by your partner) and my ex husband assisted me in getting Pelvic Inflammatory Disease once before and I'm told you shouldn't get an iud if you're prone to these... Point is, I'm not really ready to have more kids, love having sex with my SO but am having a hard time finding a birth control balance...

My Doctor recommended Essure if I"m "sure" i don't want children and i"m actually considering it. Realistically, i'm in my 30's and 2 divorces with 2 kids. I SHOULD be and NEED to be done. Have any of you mom's had this done? any wierd side affects or advice you could give?

thank you!

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Health

• I heard there has been some problems with it causing pain once it's done. Here is the article:

Essure Problems

Have you guys thought about a vasectomy?   I went through two with ex and BF.   It was so easy.   Neither had any issues and one was even back at work the next day.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I had it done a year ago and haven't had any problems. Of coarse any procedure isn't going to painless.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I had it done.... ZERO complications to complaints!!!

Keep in mind you will not hear about the masses of people that had it done w/o complaint.... people tend to go on and on if they had an issue. Don't buy into all the horror stories you will read on line - I can point out an equal number of horror stories about every other procedure out there from ACL surgery to having your nails done in a salon. People only bitch about the bad not about the successful.

I had it done and LOVE it!! No more pills, no tubal... etc. Let me know if you have specific questions!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• If he's the one who is 100% sure he doesn't want any more children, he should be the one to have permanent birth control. My husband and I both knew we were DONE, and he decided to get the vasectomy. It was very easy, and neither of us have ever had a nagging "just one more", not ever. I am very very glad I won't have to have any more children. If you're not feeling 100% sure that you are DONE, I wouldn't suggest you get anything done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Since this is irreversible, you need to be 100% sure you don't want any more. I am considering this for myself at this point, but am not absolutely sure I want to do anything permanent. If he is completely sure for himself, I say he should have a vasectomy.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2013