Do you ever?

Just regret how hurtful without thinking you can be? I was just thinking today ive voted down on people i dont truly know.Sometimes i even may make others feel as if i don't like a certain kind of people..when in all honesty in my heart i value every soul,i think everyone on this planet in valuable.Im truly sorry.Do you ever just think to yourself how wrong and judgemental you have been?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes, I've done that. I try to learn from my mistakes and not repeat them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Not if its "Hurtful without thinking". If I am rude maliciously, on purpose, I think man what a bitch thing to say/do. But if I look back and think wow that was bitchy, but did not do it on purpose, then I don't feel too badly.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

• How did you vote down people when that option doesn't exist?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Yes, especially now. I feel very guilty for the things that I have thought and said in the past about my sister. And I know it has a lot to do with her being sick is why I think about it. We lost almost a yr of not talking and I feel so bad for that. She is really sick now and I just can't help thinking that if anything happens to her at how devistated I will be and how guilty I will feel. I know we have now are speaking and everything is ok, but that is time that I cannot make up again.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Not those specific things you mentioned (related to CM Answers) but sure, I do feel regret over interactions in life. Thoughtless things where something inadvertent happened (I can feel regret or sadness without feeling self-blame or feeling bad about myself, without judging myself harshly) and also the times when I just didn't manage my feelings well and something hurtful happened. Those times, too, are times for regret & making amends (taking responsibility, acknowledging what happened & why, especially when it involved any of my children) rather than self-blame & judgment.
    Understanding why something happened, and how it could have gone differently, is more of a key to repeating it less often than "being hard on yourself" is. Being hard on yourself about those kinds of mistakes or lapses tends to reinforce the same intolerance (just turned on yourself rather than on others.) It reinforces intolerance & harshness in general.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• NOPE
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Nope, I don't.

We all have opinions and thinking negatively of someone's choices doesn't make me a bad person.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• i am chalking up to cold/flu and anon season with some cabin fever thrown in there
    maybe Spring will bring some lighter times
    it is the internet and things very often can be taken out of context
    ----------------------------
    3 libras is that pic suppose to be moving, i keep staring at it, waiting for it to do something
    LMAO
    i chalk that up to, me playing my little ponies for hours on end yesterday
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Not here on CM.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2013