What can I give my 6 month old for constipation???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 5 months old . i just got thru 3 weeks of hell consitpation withher. i felt so bad. we tried putting her on different formula, her dr. said give her some applesauce....oh wow.. does it work.
    Her dr. tried her on Soy.that didnt seem to work just made it worse and simulac alimentum. which the simulac is working the best for her. i mean she would screammmm like someone was hurting her. it was golf ball size poops. when she finally got it out of course
    the dr also told us to put prune juice in her bottle. thats obvi. if bottle feed
    hope that gave u some ideas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My daughter was super constipated and my doctor told me to give her some prunes, juice ( apple, prune) and to not duilte the juice. There are lots to kinds of foods with prunes mixed in with it. Hope this helps you.
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 1:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• prunes totally worked for my 5 month old.. be prepared.. lol
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• okay now if I do the prune thing how long should I feed it to him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Just feed the prunes once for now....there's a such thing as too much! **smile**

If baby is getting cereal, that can cause constipation and you may want to back off.

No Karo, should anyone suggest it. Botulism risk.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If the prune juice does not work you can get a baby sepository from wal-greens and it works well. That is what our doctor has us do when prune juice or any type of juice would not work. Even gave her little containers of baby prunes and it still didn't work.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 2:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Oh yeah the good old prune juice but use the baby brand. And yes be prepared it's gonna be messy. It can take up to 24 hours to work, but it will work.
    genav

Answer by genav at 4:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Before you do ANYTHING, please answer this: Why do you think your baby is constipated? Is your baby BF or FF? Any solids? This is very important. Many moms think their babies are constipated when they truly are NOT.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2009