Since the birth of my son my 2 cats annoy the hell out of me I feel so bad but I cant deal with the litter , the hairs, throwing up, I wasn't like this b4 my son I guess my patience are gone would it be mean to put them up for adoption if I treat them as if the bother me all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pets

• well yeah. I think it would be mean. When your son is down for a nap or in the playpen whether he's still a little little baby or a toddler, snuggle cats then. If they were exceptionally affectionate bb then they won't change. They need their mommy too. I'm not putting you down just playing devil's advocate, how would you handle a second human child and your first child if your first and second children were 10 months apart or twins?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• WELL I FELT THAT WAY AT FIRST WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN I HAD TWO CATS FOR 5 YEARS THEY GOT ON MY NERVES BUT I THINK IT WAS JUST MY HORMONES ETC.... GIVE IT TIME IF YOU LOVE YOUR CATS LIKE I DID YOUR BABY WILL GROW AND THE CATS WILL NOT BE A BIG DEAL I KEPT MINE THEY ARE LIKE FAMILY BUT IF YOU CANT TAKE IT TRY CRAIGS LIST.COM GO TO PETS CHARGE A REHOME FEE !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• omg this post makes me what to cry, not because what you are saying is wrong, when my son was born i wasnt living with my parents and so i wasnt around my cats and now that i live back with them i still dont have to deal with the litter boxes (because they do their business outside) and we've never had a problem with throwing up and hairballs... but i love my cats soooo soo much i could never put them up for adoption! im 100% positive its just hormones, is there anyone you can give them to for awhile? like a sibling or parent? im sorry you feel this way, i know i wouldnt want to deal with any of that either!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would put them up for adoption in a heart beat and not feel guilty about it what so ever!! If you can't adopt them out then take them to the pound!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Anon t 12:33 is the resident cat-hater that hangs out here. Ignore her. The pound will kill them ifno one adopts them withing 3 days. You don't want that. Like the other posters have said, it's partly hormones and partly that you have so many new things to do right now. Soon you will get things down to a settled routine and then you will have time to love and cuddle your feline babies once more. Cats are not disposable stuffed toys, they are living beings with thoughts and feelings and a right to be loved and treated right.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• lol the resident cat hater :] all neighborhoods have one :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My BFing group has a resident BF hater, these people must REALLLLYYYY not have a life. LOL.

I understand how frustrating it is, and of course your child is your priority, but yes, I do feel it is wrong. When you get a pet, you accept responsibility for them the rest of their lives.

From what you have posted it does not seem like the cats are doing anything wrong. IF they were becoming aggressive or peeing, then that's another story (although even then I would treat the behavior, not get rid of the cat).

I think you need to take a deep breath. Do you live with any other adults, a hubby? Sit down and let them know you are having a hard time dealing with above said issues, and ask if they would mind chipping in for a while scooping litter, keeping hairballs and vomit cleaned up, etc.

Don't punish your kitties for doing absolutely nothing wrong, please please.

And, good luck to you.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009