What kind of national health plan could be possible for the U.S to cover every single CITIZEN FIRST and then beyond that?

What would YOUR plan be of coverage and how would you bring it to reality in making people/citizens or the U S government too or the government by itself pay for this insurance? Too many uninsured who've worked hard and lost it, too many preexisting clauses. How can we better U S health insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do whatever Canada and other countries with national health coverage do. Its simple and it can be done if they really want it. And it really works. Right now there are too many money profiting companies involved to get it done. Pharmaceuticals, Insurance companies, doctors, etc would all take a big cut while we all get healthy. Check out the movie Sicko...explains a lot.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• mama that is michael moore and he only presents what he wants to.

Canada has way less people then we do ...you can read about alot of cons with the healthcare in the UK and Canada as well as other countries.

I think our health care now could work just fine just with some tweeks one being more affordable.

If all or even most of the people in the U.S. were to get "free" healthcare I believe it would bankrupt the country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think it can be free. But it has to be better.

Me, I'd give every citizen a choice of insurance plans just as we get through employers now. Pick the one you want and then pay the premium, which will have been negotiated by the Dept. of Health and Human Services.

i'd gladly pay an extra tax for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• IMO maybe they would have better health insurance coverage if we stopped giving illegals state aid and Medi-Cal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• hear her sister anon12:12!!!!!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• WE'RE ALREADY BANKRUPT ANON!!! AND FOR WHAT??? WHAT DID WEEEE AS US CITIZENS GET OUT OF THIS BANKRUPCY???? NADDA TOSTADA!!!!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

Thats pretty funny mamakat I have no idea why my thing posted anon up there though I must have accidentally hit the anon thing
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Eradicate the evil corporate medical system and thing will be alot better.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 4:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Why should every citizen get health care? It's not the governments job to provide healthcare, just like it's not your job that should HAVE to provide your health care. Yes health care is expensive. There are many reasons - frivolous law suits, people failing to pay medical bills, technology. It's simple - Pay your medical bills, stop suing for every little thing - that in itself would be a tremendous help to our current medical issues. I want technology to continue. So there is an expense there, but we still have the best health care in the world. Talk to people in Canada for real - why do they come HERE for medical care if there's is so perfect??!!

We already give too much to our citizens. NO one has to work to get things any more. HOw many people on government assistances have luxuries like cell phones??? I am tired of working my butt off to provide for others that are not my family... continued
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• continued... and for those that don't work. NOw I know everyone falls on hard times, but I feel like that should be taken care of thru private organizations and churches - NOT the government. Government should provide roads, hospitals, schools, etc. Not take care of people. THAT is JMO~!! thank you :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2009