Taxes back and it's already gone

i told my mom that we got our taxes back already. my sister is still waiting for hers. we didn't get back that much, we paid off the truck, had to sink 600 more into it because of the starter, we paid off all our bills and then hubby and i got new shoes (kids got their's last month) now we have about 25 left. just waiting for our state.
how many of you got yours back?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• Kind of depressing how fast it goes. I won't get mine back till the IRS settles their issue with me, which I sent them a certified letter about a week or two ago. One of my clients reported that I made $67.930 last year instead of $679.30, so I'm supposed to owe about $18,000 in taxes, plus almost $4,000 in interest and penalties. I could use the money from my refund, but God knows when I'll actually see it now because of the mistake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I was happy that we're going to get some money back this year. It's supposed to be deposited this week, and I'm just going to put it on our mortgage.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We've had ours for 2 weeks now and still have quite a bit left but it is going faster than I like... We didn't put it in a savings like we were going to because it would've only been for a short time (till we got our house and bought new furniture) but having it sitting in our checking acct means that we spend it without realizing, kwim? We really haven't bought that much though, just paid off some bills and gone out to eat TOO many times :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• he didn't get alot back, he worked half the year at labor ready (when they had a job) before he got a real job.
    we were able to go out once, which is why we don't have much left. i'm hoping he gets little more back next year than he did this year
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• we got ours back, about to put a new roof on the house
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We just went and did ours today. Found out how much we are getting back. Alread know hat we are doing with it. Paying off a bill that is sucking almost $300 a month out of us. It will ease our financail situation a little.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I received both my state and federal and trying to hold on to as much of it as possible. Its in savings now.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• we know how that is, the gas bill is almost 600 a month every winter. from nov to march
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I haven't seen a tax refund in about 7 years... LOL! We always pay in.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I received mine a wk or so ago and rs pretty much gone. I have to do almost a thousand to the hospital for my surgery and then the rest I have to get with bills and such. I also need to get some new glasses by I am not doing that until I can make sure I am good to go with the dr. I hate that it goes so quickly
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2013