Do you take an annual vacation with your family?

If not, do you wish you could? Do you think it's important that children see and experience different places when they are young?

hatagaj

Asked by hatagaj at 6:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Travel

• My family did when I was a child. It was a great experience. I took my kids on quite a few vacations, not annual ones though.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Yes but it's to the same place. I think traditions are more important than seeing different places - although we do take several mini vacations to other places in addition to our two week long vacations to the same places.

Answer by missanc at 6:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• My DH was in the Army for 20 years. My kids seen enough different places. Hawaii(3 years). Germany(5 years). And a lot of places in the states.
    We do not go on vacation every year. We went to Italy last year. And before that it was 05, we went to Disney world(just me and DH).

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We didn't take a vacation last year, but the two years before that, we took a lot of short trips to California. During the summer, we were trying to go every other week for a night or two. This year we're going to Hawaii in the summer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Yup... we go camping at least 3 times a summer, for a week each time.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We normally do long weekend vacations about once or twice a year, weekend camping about 3-4 times a year and at least once a month, we go on day trips in our state.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• we do but its to the same place every year & my MIL pays for everything for a week (except the gas it takes us to get there). but us as a family of 4 have never taken a vacation. my youngest is almost 2, he wouldnt remember anything about a vacation. when they get a little older id like to take a family vacation every summer to a national monument or amusement park, but the money has to be there.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Not really. We've visted family on the east coast 3 times since my son has been born and he's only 4.. We've done several weekend trips to LA and a few week long trips to the San Fransisco bay area. We plan to do Disneyland sometime next month but that's only an hour and a half away. We haven't done anything huge but yes I would love to be able to afford to.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• his family lives up in northern mich while we live in indy. that's about all the traveling we have been doing. we're hoping to visit their grandma (his mom) sometime around easter but not sure if we are going to make it.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We haven't really had the chance to take our children too many places, and I always feel bad like they are missing out on something. My husband and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, but other than that we really haven't been many places either. We are actually surprising them (not telling them until we arrive at the airport!) with a trip to Orlando in June. I am so excited, I just wish we were able to do this more often. They are 5 and 9 and I am just afraid that soon it will be to late.
    hatagaj

Comment by hatagaj (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2013