Seperation

When I drop my daughter off at Daycare she is fine but when I see her through out the day(I work at her daycare) and if she sees me and I don't come see her she will scream bloody murder till I come. She is almost 8 months old. She wont go to my mother if i'm around. I don't know what to do. Please Help

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 1:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have "passed" my baby around to friends and family members since she was just a couple months old and she loves everybody...I would try giving her to your mother for a few minutes at a time while you are right there where she can see you....after a few seconds take her back and make like a game out of it. Just make it more time as you go and then maybe go to the bathroom and leave her with your mom and come right back so she knows youre coming back. My mom and I do the "1.2.3." game where she holds her like shes flying and we pass her back and forth. Hope this helps.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Peek a boo is a good game to start playing at this age (if you're not already). It teaches object permanence...i.e. things still exist even when you can't see them. Also, hiding a toy under a blanket (preferably something that makes noise) and asking her to look for it is a good game for this as well. If she can't find it, make it make noise under the blanket as a hint. Other than that, just make sure that when you do hand her off to someone, that you walk away with confidence...babies take their cues from you...if you're worried about her response, she may sense that and react accordingly. Then, you're just going to have to keep practicing...it'll pass.

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009