Puberty adult content

I have two boys, one has entered puberty and discovered himself, if you know what I mean. The other has not. They have to share a room right now, changing that is simply not an option at the moment, but I do hope to change it soon. My question is, the one who has discovered himself decided to play with himself in their room, while the other one was in his own, separate bed. His reason for this was that his brother never leaves him alone. Which he doesn't, he has a point. His brother did not know what was happening, I discovered it by accident when I walked in to say good night.

So my question is, how do I do this? Do I tell the oldest he needs to do this in the bathroom only, since his brother will leave him alone when he's behind the bathroom door? Or how do I explain to the other one that he needs to give his brother privacy? I feel like telling him why his brother wants privacy is too much info for him right now, but I also don't want to lie.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would tell him to go to the bathroom for privacy since the bedroom situation can not be changed right now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I would tell the older boy to do it in the bathroom or shower but not when the younger one is in his room. Explaining to the younger boy why his brother wants privacy may be too much for him right now, but just try telling him that older boys need time to their self now and that he should knock before entering the room if the door is closed and maybe just give his older brother some alone time every now and then.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Personally, I would not allow your older son to play with himself while his brother is in their shared bedroom. That means no having fun at night, at least till they quit sharing a room. There's too much possibility for the younger one to find out, and for the older one to be embarrassed. Send him to the bathroom, or into your room if there's a lock on the door. Or put a lock on the door to the boys' bedroom so the older one can slip in there and have privacy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• In your situation.  I would tell the oldest  oldest. You can not do that when your brother is in the room. Even if you think he is asleep or can't see you. That is a private thing. For now you you will only do that in the bathroom.  Make sure he know he can not hog the bathroom all the time. Especially if that is the only one in the house.

And if you find him doing it again in the bedroom. Punish him like you do anything else he does wrong.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• I don't want him to do it while his brother is in the room. That's why I'm asking how I should prevent that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Very delicate situation. I had a boy and a girl, so they had separate bedrooms. If I were in your situation, I would explain to the older one that this is a private activity, and needs to be done privately. Tell him there will be lotion and tissues in that bathroom.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• i think shower is a reasonable solution
    assume the younger leaves him alone when he is in bathroom
    explain it is a private manner, and at his age he knows bathroom stuff is private
    and if younger one bothers him in bathroom- he needs talk about private - and bathroom is private
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Is he going to be ok with you saying "please masturbate in the bathroom"? I'm betting he's going to wish that God strike him dead on the spot if you say that.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Bathroom, tub, shower...
    Less mess too if you know what I mean!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• Tell him that some things should be done in the privacy of the bathroom.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2013