Night Time

How did you get your child to get off the night time bottle and to sleep through the night. My daughter is almost 8 months and weighs a little under 22 lbs. I know she's big. The dr told me she's over weight and let her scream her self back to sleep but I don't know if I like that Idea. I know she's big but let her scream? Please help me.

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 1:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she take a pacifier? If she's not really hungry she may just want the comfort of sucking. Maybe try another routine of comfort?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I've heard alot of people say just to let them cry/scream themselves to sleep, it's hard to do but it does work. Do the pacifier thing and see if that helps, or just give her smaller bottles at night and maybe she'll wean off of them soon.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• why does he say she's overweight....she;s only 8 mo. old. My DD is almost 6 months and over the 95% for weight. Shes breastfed, i don't know if that has anything to do with it. But the weight will come off when she really starts moving around. I do NOT agree with the CIO method. but to each their own.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Let her scream? No no no.

It's normal at this age for a baby to wake...sleeping ALL night *can* happen but often doesn't.

Tomorrow, go pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It will help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• he means cry it out CIO i am not a fan of this method.. my son stopped his night time bottle at 4 months.. his last bottle of the night is at 5pm, and then he's asleep by 7 or 8. He has been sleeping thru the night since he was 5 weeks old... how long is your daughter? my son is 30 inches and 22lbs... so it depends.. on what overweight means. How much Milk does she get a day and how much food does she get? the bottle is a habit, and she is now use to that habit... now is the time to break it. babies at 8 months can go 12 hours without being fed... my son is 7 months old, and sleeps all night but when he gets up, if i dont have breakfast for him in the first half hour.... boy he's a crab LOL if you have any questions, just msg me
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• also, Dr. Richard Ferber is the head of the boston sleep clinic for children and he has a few books out, the Ferber Method of sleep. I read some of the articles and applied what they said into our son's routine, and wow... they worked.. there is another baby book out called baby411 it is a must have for anyone with a "first baby" i was a nanny for so many years, but when they are your own.. OMG, you need a refresher course.. this book saved us.. My bf read the book as well and he is as much intune with our son as I am...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My 7 months old is 21 pounds and long. Like in a later question.. Doctors think all babies weight is wrong. Babies grow at a babies pace. When they start moving around, they even out in the end.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 4:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009