Did you do anything to celebrate President's Day?

The kids were out of school. It was a 4 day weekend, they were out Friday for teacher workday. The boredom was kicking in, so I thought of something to celebrate President's Day. I made a quiz about the presidents. They were easy questions like how many have there been, who was the 1st, who freed the slaves, who was from GA (we live in GA), how old do you have to be, how many terms, etc. Anyways. I said whoever got the most questions right wins $5 and the other one wins $1. At the end of the quiz, we lost count how many each kid got right so I said I would decide. I folded the money really tightly and placed it in each of their hands. I said when then opened the money, they would see who is the winner. They both opened $5 bills. I let them both win because they worked so hard researching the answers and was even helping each other. It was great bonding time. I wished I made the quiz twice as long.

Did you do anything special for President's Day?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I went to the thrift store.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• simple frownNo, we didn't. I had wanted to but it completely slipped my mind. We did enjoy our day though. I may do something toward the end of the week since my son is out of school for the whole week.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• We had plenty of stuff planned, but with one kid sick, we've been stuck home all weekend. Our kids are off school tomorrow too, and I'm hoping he will feel well enough to at least go out to breakfast.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• No. Boyfriend went to work as usual, daughter had no school. She and I went to the park twice because it was a sunny day, although it was cool out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2013

• well we did something special since DD had the day off (for teacher professional day, not Pres Day haha) but it had nothing to do with the Presidents. DD did learn that Obama is the President and the President is the "boss" of the US...shes only 4 so we had to use 4 year old terms haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Well damn, I guess that explains why there was no mail today! lol Stayed home washed and dried the never ending laundry. Who knew a 4 yr old can go thru so many clothes in a week??
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• That was a great idea! My 13 yo went to a bday party, my 11 yo had spent Sunday night at a friends house, my 15 yo went skating with a friend so it was just my 2 and 4 yo's at home with me. We played Legos and had a tea party.

Answer by missanc at 7:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I had my neice come over and help me clean and I went on a walk with my son to dislodge my stones now im sitting in agony still trying to pass them.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I didnt do a damn thing
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Sorta/kinda - I took 2 of my kids to spend some presidents on video games they wanted! lol :p They had leftover Christmas money burning a hole in their pockets :) Funny thing is, it was so nice out, my 10 y/o opted for playing outside & hasn't even played her new game yet. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2013