I want to go to work but have no skills? :(

What can I do?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• No one has skills or experience until they get a job! What do you think you might like to do?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Go back to school or volunteer somewhere to gain some skills, or just keep applying to places that offer on the job training.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Don't have a clue I live a sheltered life kind of scared but willing to try :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Contact your local dept of Social Services. They may have job training department that can help you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Start at the bottom, even if that's fast food or stocking in a store, and think about what kind of an education you need to do what you love, whatever that is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

•  

Just put a application, in where, you think you can handle it .

All you can do is try ♥♥♥♥

SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• You're a mom. You have plenty of skills. Either start at a temp agency or go to the unemployment office and have them give you an aptitude test which shows what jobs you'd be good at. These tests can show you skills you didn't even know you had.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• You might try care.com and sittercity.com too. They both have about 5 job categories and it does not cost anything for job seekers. Look at all the categories by using the pulldown. The closer you are to a city the more jobs there are. Also try indeed.com GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I know how you feel.... can't do the physical work like I was doing due to injuries, but now I don't know what to do..... good luck
    Chele18504

Answer by Chele18504 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2013