That horse meat disguised as ground beef may be headed stateside (recall info inside)

Food giant Nestle recalls products after horse meat discovery

For those who missed it the past month or so - a wholesaler in France outsourced to someone who outsourced to someone who sold horse meat and said it was beef, thus making every hamburger in Britain suspect.  For the longest time, it was said it wouldn't end up here.  Guess Nestle uses a supplier who uses that same wholesaler.

Go check your fridge.

So, question, anyone for some Flicka Burger?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd eat it lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• It's better than cat I guess :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I'm not sure. I know people who would or at least I think they would. They eat squirrel and coon, why not horse? I'd imagine since they are passing it off as beef, horse meat would very similar, but a little leaner.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• No I wouldn't eat it. The conditions under which these horses are slaughtered is horrendous. Not to mention the way they get the horses that they slaughter is horrendous.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Slaughter for any animal is horrendous in those conditions. Not one of them are killed humanely lol.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Good thing I dont eat red meat
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• We don't buy ground beef around here, only ground turkey, as our middle kid is allergic to anything cow. Guess she could eat this though!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I was just in London and Paris a couple weeks ago and this was a huge story then. I didn't have any beef while I was there, and the place I buy meat from here is a reliable source.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• DH's boss just asked if we wanted split a quarter of a cow with his family. It sounds pretty good right now. It's about the only way I can think of to really know the source and safety of our meat. Now to make room in the deep freeze.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• is the horse tainted? cause if its not i really dont care. ive eaten worse things...plus we cant really afford much hamburger right now. ground turkey is like a $1 cheaper a pound!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2013