Wetting the bed

My 3yo boy has been out of diapers for over 6 months now. He was doing great during the night, only wetting the bed once every couple of weeks. Now he is wetting almost every night, last night twice. He doesn't want to wear diapers but I think we are going to go back to it. Could this be a result of his fater and I getting divorced? I wasn't thinking it could be since his dad hasnt lived with us for almost a year and a half. Every other weekend he spends 3 nights at his dads and I havent heard of him wetting the bed there and he doesnt wear diapers. What could this be? Anyone gone through the same thing? Help!

hotmama404

Asked by hotmama404 at 9:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He;s only 3, I wouldn't worry about it. Some kids have their ups and downs with potty training, especially at night.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• He's still young. My almost 6 year old still wets a few nights a week if she has too much to drink.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• It is pretty common for 3 year olds to wet the bed, if the dad has been gone for that long, I doubt it is related. I would try nightime pullups, and don't stress on him about it. I would also make sure he uses the bathroom right before he goes to bed. He is sleeping so deep, his brain doesn't get the "wake" up signal.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Try nighttime training pants instead of diapers. You don't want your son to feel ashamed, which can make bedwetting worse. Limit his drinks before bed, and consider waking him up to go potty before you go to bed yourself. Also, put a plastic cover over the mattress.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I meant pull ups, not diapers, lol! But I usually don't allow any drinks after 6:30p, he must potty before bed, and I do have a mattress protector. I was just wondering why he goes 3 days with no wetting when at his dads, but rarely has gone more than 2 nights in a row at my house. He had been doing good for so long. He will wake up after it happens, change his clothes, and then wake me up to tell me. I will be doing pull ups now, also because we are going on vacation soon and dont want to mess up the mattresses there.
    hotmama404

Comment by hotmama404 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2013