Who is off for February vacation this week??

(or winter break, or whatever you all might call it)

My kids and I are both off this week, just wondering who else is.
Definitely one of the best perks to working in a school vs "the real world" as my DH calls it!! ;o)

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, my son is off all this week for "winter break/President's week/February break" whatever they are calling it lol. He'll get spring break the week of Easter as well. I had off yesterday but am back at work today.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Mine wasn't but she is just in preschool. Next year when she starts Kindergarten they start using Tracks. Like Track A, Track B, Track C and Track D.
    I grew up with that and I remember I usually had all of January off but went to school for most of the summer.
    I hated it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I'm not familiar with February vacation or winterbreak. A week off? Do you get Spring Break or is this the equivalent?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 11:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• no off time ended today, sigh
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Nope, not us. Not until Spring break in March.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• We don't have winter break but we had a 4 day weekend in January and this past weekend was a 4 day too.

Answer by missanc at 12:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Kids just had this past Friday and yesterday off. Glad school started back up... get the routine at school for DS going again - he desperately needs normalcy to return at school and we haven't had a regular week since getting back from winter break. So thankful for his IEP and the wonderful Special Ed team he has...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Nope. The School took this week away because of losing a week during Hurricane Sandy. He was just off yesterday & they also took a few more days to come.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• My son's school schedule sounds a lot like yours except they don't have election day off, they start the 3rd week in August and have a full week off for Thanksgiving as well.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Ahhh, makes sense now. We end the year the third week in May.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2013