am i just unlucky?

i never ever seem to ever get any attention on v-day and he is always upset i dont understand i get no gifts at all i get things just never on holidays or my b-day is this normal or am i just unlucky?

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 1:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• id say unlucky everyone usually gets things on their birthday at least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• nope same thing for me too I think some guys are just like that and I think its because of how they were raised
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would talk to him about it. Maybe there is a reason he doesn't like to celebrate holidays like that. Ex. he could have grown up JW and doesn't celebrate them for religious reasons, etc.
    The worse case senerio is that he's just they type of guy that is too selfish to want to go out of his way on a holiday. (I had one of those). But until you discuss this with him.. you won't know.
    Do you do something nice for them on the holidays? Sometimes a guy gets depressed because he wasn't shown enough love during the holidays. Remember as well.. that some guys don't like to spend money on holidays because they believe they are too commercial now adays. You can suggest some things to do for the holidays that are free while talking to him about this if that is the case. Like leaving a really sweet note for v-day telling you how he feels, and vise versa. If he knows it's not about the money he may participate too. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• unlucky? no! some guys are just insensitive like that. They dont realize how important those things are to women. My DH is considered insensitive.
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't know. That seems to be a little insensitive to me. Have a long talk with him and let him know how it hurts you.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009