Braxton Hicks at 22 weeks (everyday)

This is my 3rd pregnancy i remember feeling bratons past 35 weeks . This time i started feeling them at 21 weeks. They arent painful just feel preasure and my belly get really tight. Sometime during the day i feel them but mostly at night after a long day. I am on my feet alot i get my kids ready for school clean up house i work at a daycare 26 hours a week mon-fri, so im constanly bending over walking getting up and down .. My doc said it was normal as long as i dont have more then 4 a hour or they arent painfull. She told me try drinkin gmore water and change postions. Anyone else have Braxtons this early on everyday?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's normal.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I don't think those are Braxton hicks. You may have to go check with your dr but sounds like you may have pulled a muscle.
    ebonimama

Answer by ebonimama at 12:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I did. I think the more kids you've had, the more likely it is to have the BH earlier. With my third, he was due in Aug. and I was always so hot and tired. Sometimes the BH would hurt, but just like you described, my abdomen tightened and hardened sometimes as much as 3 or 4 times an hour. Just like your doc said, stay well hydrated, rest when you feel you need to. Also don't bend over! Squat! Bending over will only increase pressure on your cervix, push the baby further down into your pelvis, and strain your back. Squatting will strengthen the muscles used for labor and save your back. Bending over won't cause premature labor or BH but it's not good for you. All five of mine were born between 37 and 40 wks and healthy. 

HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2013