Men: are some just really stupid or do they just not care?

we have a neighbor who just got her car impounded last week. she needed a valid driver to get it out so hubby helped her get it back. it cost $145 just for one hour! and there is a $25 a day for storage. well because she nor her husband can drive, she give my hubby the keys to her car. her hubby has been over twice trying to get the keys so he can go joyriding all over town. my guy won't give him the keys because
A; he don't have a licence
B: the car is in his wife's name and she doesn't want any of them to drive it
C: the woman doesn't want to have her car impounded again.
she's working on getting her licences back but until then she doesn't want the key back. but he keeps coming over trying to get it back. my hubby says until the woman says to give back the keys, he's keeping them and the husband is out of luck from driving until he gets legal.

if your neighbor asked you to help them by keeping their keys would you help them?
(as long as we put gas in it we can use it)

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes. I would do that to help out a neighbor. She chose your husband to do this for a reason, probably because she knew she could trust him to do what she asked of him. I can think of no higher compliment that to be entrusted with something important to another individual. So, I do not think your husband is stupid nor do I think that he doesn't care!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I would NOT keep the keys nor the car for a neighbor like that. Your DH should bring the car back to her & give her the keys personally. Her problem, don't get involved.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• BTW, if they report the car stolen & your DH is caught driving it then he'll get arrested & you'll have to bail him out & pay a Lawyer!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Sounds like the both of them are idiots.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Both to answer our first question

and No to the 2nd. I am not responsible for another adult. Unless they were drinking and asked then i would but not on a day to day bases.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Not around here. Someone would break in for the stupid key.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• No way Jose would I get involved in that situation. Not my problem. I have a mole hill of my own problems so I would return the car and keys and send them on their way.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I would not want to get involved in a neighbor's life unless it was close family. They both have to learn responsibility.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Yikes! I would have told her to hide the key and stayed right out of it. My guy would never get mixed up in something like that.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Some are stupid, some just don't care, and some have both problems. Your neighbor's husband appears to have both problems.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2013