I got a phone call you should all know about

I'm sure you guys are smart enough to not fall for this sort of stunt- but you know there are some people out there gullible enough to fall for it. I got a call from a guy named "Mike" w/ a thick Indian accent. He said my computer was hacked on the internet & wanted me to give him control of my computer so he could fix the problem for me. I have already reported this call to the FCC but wanted to give you ladies a heads up. I did just recently have my Yahoo email acct. hacked, but have since changed all my passwords & had the computer checked out for problems as well as adding more security measures to it. Either way, this whole hacking thing is turning me off of technology. Ugh!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Technology

• It's bad enough you got hacked, but to then get a follow up call to see if there is any other way to exploit you, that's too much!! Thanks for the post.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Ugh, I know. Thanks for the heads up. I was doing some work for a company and apparently I had something not right on my computer. The IT dept. was able to get into my computer while I was on the phone with them. That freaked me out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Weirdo. Did you tell him my clitoris is broken? Hope he doesn't call me trying to fix it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Thanks for letting us know....too many scammers out there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• thanks for posting!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• My dh works for our local ISP and just a couple weeks ago he got a call from one of their customers reporting about the same thing, the person who called them was still on the phone with her husband and knew a lot of info about them and told them he worked for dh's company but she wanted to call the company directly and double check. My dh straight told her that there is only the 2 employees with the company and neither of them have an Indian accent and that they would NEVER call a customer out of the blue like that, they only return calls or messages. She was relieved to know there was nothing wrong with their account and told her dh to hang up immediately :P Its sad though that there are people out there who target the elderly and not-tech-savy internet users like this :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• felt I should clarify- Not YOU- the idiot scammer.
    If people would put as much effort into finding jobs as they do ripping people off.....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• What an idiot.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• It's bad enough you got hacked, but to then get a follow up call to see if there is any other way to exploit you, that's too much!

I agree, what a load of s**t!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• ive had lots of these calls
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013