pregnant and still breastfeeding my daughter of 1and 8 months old

hi all I'm 15 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my daughter.Is there anyway I can wean her as I'd like to take a break before the new baby comes along.
any tips would be much appreciated.

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 1:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drop a feeding a week till gone. Don't say no, say "not now...we'll nurse after Barney." Distract and delay.

She won't be thrilled...that's OK. She may want to try again when baby arrives...also OK if you want to do it, and OK if you don't. No wrong answers except cold turkey weaning. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• This is pretty tricky because you are farther in to the pregnancy, but the previous suggestion is a good one.
    Know that you have the option to continue, also. Like many others, I tandem nursed when the new baby came; they took turns. ;-D

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• With my daughter i picked the time of day that she seemed to love nursing the most (mornings) and nursed her through till early afternoon. then after that when she would want to nurse I would distract her with other foods, etc. and a lot of times she just wanted that closeness so I would pop a binky in her mouth and hold her like she was and it would calm her down. I basically just dropped one feeding a week until she was done. went pretty well for us! she never seemed to have a problem with it. Good luck :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009