What the heck happened to make the gas prices spike?

I guess it's been a few weeks since I had to get gas. Why is it so much more expensive than a few weeks ago? What are gas prices where you live? I saw it for $3.699 today.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 6:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• The election is over, so there's no longer any need to tamper with gas prices. It's the same reason that the unemployment figures are gone back up and the sequester that we so desperately needed is no longer a good idea and on and on and on!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Oil execs are saving up for yachting season. They must need an upgrade!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Don't know but it's seriously pissing me off. And quit your bitching, it's $4.23 here. Cheapest I've found is $4.13. Lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• The wind blew.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I would love to see 3.69 again
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• What I heard on the news is that they need to switch to summer mix soon, and stores of winter mix gas are running low, so prices are up until the summer mix gets released.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• It has risen every day for I think 36 days Not absolutely sure but it is the lingestt continued rise.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Dang, yesterday it was $3.46. I didn't check today. Last time I filled my tank it was $3.09
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Fuck this. I'm moving. Where do all you ladies live? I'm coming there!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• It's because the president is from TX and has the hands of big oil causing the prices to go sky high so they all make a profit.......oh wait. I feel like they view as that proverbial frog in the pot. If you throw him in the boiling water he screams and jumps out. put him in cold water and slowly raise the temp he will stay in an cook. OMG the hue and cry when we neared $3 a gallon a few years back.....now we are at $3.60 on avg and not much noise. No cries to raid the reserve, no yelling for WTH the president is going to do, no demanding tighter controls of the industry or (crazy I know) MORE drilling!? We are just sloooowly boiling.....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2013