Can you feel dialation?

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my first, so all of this is still new to me and I really dont know what these pains are. It isn't a constant pain, however it hurts for about 30 seconds and then it fades and goes away, then after a little while, it comes back. Its a very sharp pain down there, but its really hard to explain exactly. Anyhow. I'm just curious. I lost my mucus plug about a week ago, and I'm pretty sure the baby has moved down... and now I'm getting these pains... Sooo... I'm trying to figure out if you can actually feel it when you dialate... Any help?

TheLaakSmith

Asked by TheLaakSmith at 1:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had major period-like cramping in the end of my pregnancy that would come and go. I asked my doc what it was and he said it's probably coming from my cervix dialating. He said some women can feel it. So, I say yes.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i never knew when i was dialating so i dont think you can feel it,its probally just your baby
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 1:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If it is a sharpish pain that kind of stabs it could be your baby grinding it's head against a nerve or your pubic bone, epsecially if s/he had moved down. Hang in there :) But yes, you could also be feeling dialation
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Well the baby has moved down, I'm pretty sure of that. So maybe it is her grinding into a nerve, but it isn't really near my pubic bone. Its kinda like, well I can't really explain it, but its not near my pubic bone or near the front at all... Not only that, I do have period like cramps. Almost to the point that if I wasn't pregnant I'd be waiting for the lovely monthly visitor. Also, and this may sound a little odd to some of you, but, you know the muscles that you use when you are trying to hold your pee? Well I was waiting in line for the restroom, and I noticed that when I tightened up and used those muscles, it send a very uncomfortable pain all through my areas down there. I'm not someone who usually has to wait for the bathroom and use those particular muscles, however, as everyone woman on earth, I have before, and yes even while I was pregnant... but it has never felt that way...
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 12:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2009