So i was told by a couple moms..

and read that if you want your baby to eventually be able to take a bittke u should introduce it at 4 weeks .. too early will give baby nipple confusion.. too late baby wont take it..

im still breastfeeding and shes doing great. i do want her to take a bottle someday but right now i think im guna wait.. im too in love with this bonding time.. not willing to share her quite yet lol

TOTALLY addicted to her baby smell and little sighs while she eats. i forgot how much i missed this from my bigger two..

anyhow i am in no rush for her to get big. im taking every moment in as she may be our last.

when did you boobfeeding mamas give ur baby a bottle? also any of you out there done having babies but still have baby fever?

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 7:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Bottle fed all 4 of mine, so can't help you on that one. I think it's wonderful to do the breastfeeding route, but it just wasn't for me. When it does come time to switch over to bottles, don't worry, you'll still have a very similar experience bottle feeding. You're still holding the baby close, still smelling those sweet baby smells, still hearing them make those cute little noises, & still bonding, just w/out the boob... lol. I was done having babies after my 3rd, #4 was a complete SURPRISE!!! Had a hysterectomy so I can't have any more... & I thank god for that! ;-) buuuut, I def. melt when I see lil babies!! Until I remind myself that lil babies eventually grow up, hit terrible 2's thru teens, & I'm perfectly content to hold the lil bundle... then hand him/ her back to their mama!! lol... Job in childcare might be a great idea for ya!! =-)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 8:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I am still breastfeeding my 8mo old and he has never used a bottle, I am skipping bottles and going straight to cups.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I never did give my babies bottles. I had pumped with my oldest, but it was such a pain in the ass to pump that I didn't want to waste it and my 3 bottles went unused in the freezer.

I am very done having babies and I have never had baby fever. I am relieved that I'm done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I just tried it. Only one had nipple confusion and would only take a bottle. Most were ok going back and forth. This one is over a year and looks at us as if we are crazy for sticking That in his mouth.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I think my case of baby fever is lifelong and incurable.

My baby took both breast and bottle the entire time she was nursing. Never refused either till she weaned herself at ten months, never got nipple confusion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I did it the first week. I knew I was going back to work soon. I never had a problem with them going back and forth. I nursed around 10 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• my pregnancies arent easy and labors are rough.. id really like to think we are 100% done but we are too young to fully commit to 'never'. plus i think i very well may be a baby addict. i just dont want a ton of kids, thinking i may need to eventually go into a child care job.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• My oldest didn't try a bottle until 8 months - he never took it. My 2nd and 3rd never had one. My 4th and 5th had bottles in the hospital. My dh loved feeding them so I pumped a lot so he could share. No confusion on their parts and it made it much easier to get some me time and to spend time with my older kids.

Answer by missanc at 7:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I didn't
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2013