Ok soooo, last night I was having at least 2 contractions an hour. They weren't painful at all...just tightening.

So I started timing them and got very excited that I might actually be in labor, as I was due on the 12th. WELL....right before I went to bed they stopped ;( grrr...
I've had a couple ALL day but nothing like yesterday where it was all day long. So I guess my question is, What in the HELL was that yesterday? Am I going into labor or not? Sheesh! lol. Also, I've been a lil nauseous the past 2 days. Let me know wutchya think is goin on with me homettes!!! lol xoxo

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you might be in the early stages of labor the best thing you can do know if walk and squat but dont squat alot my ob said that can cause your cervics to swell. you can also rub the webbing between your thumb and your pointer and that might help thing get going.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 1:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• They were just braxton hicks. They will be more frequent and intense toward the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If your labor doesn't progress then it is braxton hicks contractions, which is a good thing because they help with dilation and preparing your uterus for the big show.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Ahhh....well why did I think braxton hicks only happened in the beginning and middle of the pregnancy??? I didn't think you'd get them THIS close to your due date. My aunt also told me that braxton hicks was from being dehydrated and that's impossible because I drink a TON of water.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Actually, you can get more if you need to pee as well. If you're dehydrated you can too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It might not be enough water...
    But I doubt it was dehydration.
    It is very normal for the body to react to the ramping up that happens as the body prepares for labor.
    Some women have "low scale" (real) labor contractions for a lonnnng period that eventually turn into Active Labor. Or they peeter out-- stop.

This happens! Know that you are allowing your body to do exactly what it needs to for it's journey ahead. The body knows how to handle things, you must work to surrender to this~ have faith! ;-)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• lol the surrendering is the hard part!!!! ha! Thanks ladies!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes, it really is! ;-P
    But it's good to become aware that it's important. It's will be key to coping through labor; letting go.

You can do this~ just take good care of yourself & be okay with listening to your body if it says SLEEP, or EAT MORE CAKE... lol. Take it easy and enjoy!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Walk the mall tomorrow. :) Someone told me to do that and I did it and went into labor while I was there!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Here's a bright point in the pain in the butt for you :) I'm pretty sure I was able to handle actual labor much better because I had literally had months of contractions before my daughter was born. So when it was the real thing it was like "seriously? this is it? this isn't bad at all!" so, appreciate them in their own annoying way! Good luck, and i'm thinking thoughts of dialation for you :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2009