How many remotes do you need to keep track of?

For me:
TV
Bed remote
Garage - except in this case the car is connected, so do not search for that one
DH has the original garage opener, so he has to keep track of that one
How many do you have?

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Oh man...bedroom - 3 (tv, vcr, converter box). Living room - tv, dvd, 4 wiimotes (assuming those count). So 7 total.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• We have one remote in our living room that works the tv, DVD, and DVR. One remote that works the stereo. One remote in the bedroom for the TV. One in the bedroom for the ceiling fan. My son has a TV remote in his room. I have our garage door opener programmed in my Homelink, but my husband has a remote for it.
    We have a few other remotes that are never used, like the CD changer, and one remote for the ceiling fan in the living room that stays in the holder on the wall.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Just the main 1 for the TV in the living room. All the others that operate things like the DVD are in a good place. The remotes to the other TV's in the house are always where they should be. My mom's house is confusing- she has like 3 or 4 remotes to deal with the satellite & TV

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• When I turn off the tv at night, I toss it over the edge of the bed, it hits the floor, and the batteries fly out. Every. Night.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• The remote to the living room TV (it's the only one that still has a remote, so maybe I'm not great at keeping an eye on them after all LOL), my remote start for my car...which doubles for keeping track of my keys, the Wii remotes, and the remotes to the space heaters.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Only my TV's I have 6 of those....

Answer by older at 8:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• 2 and they are both control the black box in both the living room and my room. only thing is they control one tv and the living room controls the dvd player. we switched to the all in one remotes so we don't have to worry about losing them.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• TV, there are three; one for the tv, one for the cable, one for the dvd player, but the one for the cable turns on the tv as well so I really only need that one. The garage remote is hooked to the visor. Theres various xbox controls but I couldn't care less about those.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• tv
    cable box
    Blu ray
    tv in son's room

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• TV remote, roku remote, dvd remote.... so 3 ... when in doubt I always check the kiddos rooms when one goes missing... generally I'll look for 20 mins max for a lost remote, then I'll give up & 10 mins later one of the kids will walk up w/ it... lol... sneeky lil ones!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 8:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2013