Is your silverware still accounted for?

Which pieces are the most that get lost.? I do not have a full set anymore. First to get lost is spoons, then forks The knifes not so much. At least the set did not cost that much. At the moment using plastic ware, cant find my regular stuff, I ask DH he tells me in a box somewhere.

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Definitely not. I have had to buy more spoons and forks. None of them match anymore. Used to bother me...now I am just happy if I have something to eat with! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Yes, I know that 3 of my forks were thrown into the garbage by my Prima Donna sister who helped clear my dinner table one time! Grrrrr..
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• no, my flatware isn't accounted for. I have kids and let them do dishes.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• A few years ago I ordered a bunch of extra pieces to match. Now I have tons of them. I don't know where the missing pieces went, just disappearing here and there.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• LOL yup... I know where all my flat were is. But my kids aren't old enough to do the dishes or take food to their rooms yet! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• The spoons are always the first to go at my house. I think a few wandered out to the sandbox and got buried, then frozen under the sand for the winter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I think a lot of mine probably got thrown out with cupcake and pizza boxes or in my husband's lunches.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• flatware is still in the drawer
    but we do seem to have a sock thief
    funny thing, he/she only takes one, never a pair...?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• fiat, you do not have a sock thief. He is a gnome. There seems to be a large population of them that lives in dryers and still one random sock per load. Or, ou may just have a hungry dryer. lol
    As for my silverware, nope. I know there is some missing. We had an old army fork that was my grandpas. I wasn't thinking one night and gave it to my son. He bent some of the prongs back so far that they actually broke off. So, that one had to go and I know others have been thrown out in the trash, or are hiding under furniture.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Some years ago, DH's sister, niece, etc, bombarded our house while we were having a baby (I think - I may have been having surgery, I don't remember). Rather than actually do the dishes in the sinks, they threw all my good silverware (not real silver, but my nice set) away, and replaced it with the worst cheap stuff from Wal-Mart - the 4-packs for $1. I hated it so much but couldn't afford another full set, so I grabbed a bunch of the nicer cheap stuff - 3 pieces for $1 lol. I have no idea how much they had bought, or how much I bought, or how much of the old set was left, so I have no idea if everything's accounted for or not ;o).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2013