Pregnancy like sysmptoms after Mirena removal

I got my IUD removed on Jan 8th, 2013, and what I think was my period started right away and lasted for about 5-6 days. Then on the 23rd and 24th I got some light bleeding (more brownish on the 24th), then nothing... I also started being nauseous, no vomiting, very tired, light cramping in pelvic area, constipated. My period should have started on Feb 5th-9th but now it's the 19th and still nothing. Has anybody experienced such symptoms after having the Mirena removed? I had light periods all the time while on the Mirena, already have a kid so I know what it's like to feel pregnant. I could have sworn I am pregnant, but I got several negative hpts and also a negative blood test checking for hcg. Today I went in for an ultrasound, also a vaginal ultrasound, and they came back with no pregnancy visible, everything normal. So, why am I walking around "feeling" congestion in my pelvic area, why am I nauseous and tired? Is this the Mirena Crash? At least I found out that everything is ok inside there, but unless I'm expecting the motherload of a period, I don't know what to think. Has anybody else experienced something like this? Thank you!
P.S. I'm 48, in EXCELLENT health, TTC my 2nd child, that's why I took the Mirena out. I never had any problems while with the Mirena and I'm not menopausal either.

danat123

Asked by danat123 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• i get mine out in dec. but from what i was told it's normal. call your dr just to be safe though. and remember you have a 99%9 chance of getting pregnant faster the first few days after it's out.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• 48? Trying for a 2nd?
    More like menopause rather than Mirena!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Nop, it's not menopause, I alredy checked with the doctor. I've always been super healthy and regular
    danat123

Comment by danat123 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• For some women that is very normal after the removal. I went through it too but knew I hadn't had sex. Some times it makes you feels as if your pregnant and even tricks your body too but the symptoms will go away.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• day 46 and still no period... Yesterday I had some light cramping, but that's it. Nausea comes and goes, it's not as strong as before. I wonder if I'm still ovulating if I haven't had a period after the initial bleeding (which I thought was a period, but who knows anymore?...)
    danat123

Comment by danat123 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2013