If your husband has messed up what is a great way of making it up to you?

what is a great way to make up with your spouse when they made you mad or made a mistake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• if he f'cked up, the best way to make it up is, he learned from his f,uck up and never does it again

a foot massage never hurts!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• apologizing is a good way to go. depends on how big of a mistake or how mad i am. -- if he is genuinely sorry and sits down and says sorry for whatever upset me, then i will forgive him. I dont want gifts or flowers.. id rather talk it out.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• apologizing and meaning it is all it takes unless he cheated then he needs to go and FAST or I will be in jail
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• if its something im not REALLY upset with and it is a stupid disagreement.. a back massage will do the job! i can never seem to stay mad for long when he rubs my shoulders.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Depends what he did. If he left the seat up, no grand gesture is required.
    If he forgot your birthday, he'd better start cleaning with a toothbrush. Starting on the roof.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• lmao ^^
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Personally I don't like verbal apologies, unless they come AFTER actions that show that he is sorry. Do, don't speak lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I think a great way to respond is to show real understanding for the situation. Really "getting" how the partner feels & what her experience was (even if it is a misunderstanding of you or of what happened and does not reflect your intentions) is so connecting. It truly is a so-called "extension of self" and it certainly goes a long way TO creating/restoring connection.

I think showing comprehension, showing caring/concern & taking responsibility when you have messed up are important parts of making amends. When you make amends for something, you are doing more than offering an apology or saying "I'm sorry." It is about understanding/appreciating the other person's experience, and also understanding WHY something happened.

The component of (true) self-understanding, combined with taking full responsibility, makes it less likely for a person to repeat things, too. But most people focus on apologies & "appeasing" partners.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• If he messed up. He should be fixing it not you.

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Make them dinner and desert athen have make up sex. Its always the best.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2013