My preemie has not gained weight in 4 months

Please help as I feel that I'm vanishing slowly and burning inside .
My baby was born at 2 lb and 1 oz due to my high blood pressure . Although little she never required Oxygen nor antibiotics. I pumped and she gained weight very well until she was 4 months ( 2 corrected ) . She was 8 pounds and 11 ounces . Now at five months corrected she weights only 11lbs. We moved to Germany due to my husbands deployment . She took a synagis vaccine and since she put on maybe half a pound and that was back in November. She is on Neocate since German doctors assumed that she might have milk intolerance, a week ago I started her in solids which she loves . We did every test possible and saw a GI and she says that there is nothing wrong with her . But I'm so concerned and feel like such a failure . Please let me know if any of you delt with such matter. Thank you in advance for taking your time to reply.

NoHope7817

Asked by NoHope7817 at 6:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd (5th child) gained weight very slowly. At 1, she weighed all of 14 lbs but had been born at a normal weight of 7 lbs 14 oz. At 2 1/2 she's very healthy and active just tiny (23 lbs). I'm only 5'2" so it doesn't surprise me. My ped knew my other 4 children weren't large at that age either (all under 20 lbs at a year) but at one point she had said that if my dd didn't gain weight before next visit we would need to do further testing. My dd did start to gain weight just very slowly.

Answer by missanc at 6:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• If your baby is eating, pooping, peeing normaly. Do not worry so much. Some children go into a growing slump. Then they go into a growing spurt.

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2013