My preemie has not gained weight in 4 months

Please help as I feel that I'm vanishing slowly and burning inside .
My baby was born at 2 lb and 1 oz due to my high blood pressure . Although little she never required Oxygen nor antibiotics. I pumped and she gained weight very well until she was 4 months ( 2 corrected ) . She was 8 pounds and 11 ounces . Now at five months corrected she weights only 11lbs. We moved to Germany due to my husbands deployment . She took a synagis vaccine and since she put on maybe half a pound and that was back in November. She is on Neocate since German doctors assumed that she might have milk intolerance, a week ago I started her in solids which she loves . We did every test possible and saw a GI and she says that there is nothing wrong with her . But I'm so concerned and feel like such a failure . Please let me know if any of you delt with such matter. Thank you in advance for taking your time to reply.

NoHope7817

Asked by NoHope7817 at 7:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop the baby food and go back to a formula only diet.
    i'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are reducing the amount of formula she gets since you started solids. Correct or no? Have her on at least 24 oz a day. Preferably 24-32

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• She takes about 30 oz o formula a day
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 7:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Is she getting longer in height? Head growing?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• yes but not much
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• she is always happy, cooing away , rolling over , side to side
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Just try and relax and all the solid foods should help her plump up. Just keep doing what your doing. I know babies born early have a harder time gainging weight. Relax and regroup and keep up the good work momma.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I agree with butterfly - more formula, not solids - the solids don't have the calories and nutrition that the formula does, so upping her formula intake rather than adding solids is what will help her gain - solids won't.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• She is taking Neocate and been doing that for 3 months and although she ate up to 900 ml not gaining weight .
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Mind did not gain weight with my milk and I was told to put her on formula I felt bad at the time, Information for you  http://www.babycenter.com/0_failure-to-gain-weight_1621.bc   I also agree formula over solids

sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2013