Ok, this is probably TMI, but I have to ask

Ok, since sometime when I was pregnant I have had this horrible itch down south on my girly parts lol. I do not have an STD or anything like that. My husband and I have only been with each other. But this itch drives me mad. I've had it for like 6 months now and it won't go away. It's not a yeast infection or anything like that, as far as I know. It just feels like a rash or bug bite or something that covers most of that area. It got worse after I gave birth and got my stitches on my perineum (which is where most of the itch is, and up around my clitoris and all that). Anybody ever have this problem? Does anyone know what it could be? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• Sounds to me like either bacterial vaginosis (similar to yeast infection but there could be a funky smell as well) that is easily cured with an antibiotic. Or it could be a type of hemroids. sometimes hemroids don't just burn they itch and it might not just be where your butt hole is but the whole area. Do some googling on hemroids and see if some of the symptoms match up.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Honestly, it does sound like a yeast infection. Personally, I have the best luck with vinegar/water douching, but you can try OTC medications or your doc can prescribe something.

ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 2:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• First question???? Do you shave that area.....? if so that could have something to do with it! since u say most of the itch is where u had stitches that is normal, where ever u have stitches it itches for sometime after and since that is a very sensitive area i am sure it will itch for longer... not to be gross but i have known a few people to get a rash/ infection after having a baby and getting stitches so i would try putting some cream on it like neosporion or an A & D ceam to see if it helps... and also if it dont go way soon i would see ur doc about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yeah! No yeast infection and no std either, drives me nuts. Some days it's fine other's it is unreal! Not sure what it is. I do get relief from it if I wipe with one of the baby wipes.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had my daughter in October, btw. Oh, and I have a skin allergy to vinegar lol. I don't normally shave, but I did a few days ago to try and see if that would help. It did for about 20 minutes lol. Is it normal to itch this long after having a baby though?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is for some people... i had my son in july 2008 and i am still having that itching but i didnt have any stitches and my son was born early.... I would try lotion or a&d cream and see if that helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I was doing that and come to find out, LATEX allergy!!!!! Rubbers, the elastic in panties, ect. Even when i had surgery and had a cathater put in! Latex gloves the GY. uses to check there. Some stiches might be still in there. What are the stiches made of? During or after the baby you can get allergys that you never had before or Diebitic. Put benidril on it and stay away from the latex and see if that helps. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2009