Kid Friendly Food

My daughter is 3 years old and will only eat yogurt, crackers and fruit bars. I know this is probably only a stage but maybe if I gave her different choices she would eat. Any suggestions for healthy kid friendly food ?

MrsMorrell

Asked by MrsMorrell at 10:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I alsoinsist that my daughter has to eat healthy meals. But some things she really likes are cheese cubes, baby carrots, sliced bananas, apples, and strawberries, baby oranges, baked chicken nuggets and fries, hamburger sliders, spaghetti, mac and cheese with peas.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• My kids get what is for meals. If they choose not to eat it that's up to them but they don't get anything else. Some favorites are omelettes (they will eat anything if its in an omelette!), scrambled eggs, sliced chicken breast rolled in bread crumbs and baked served with something to dip it in, fruit cut in shapes (you can use cookie cutters or freehand - melon lends itself well to this), raw fruit on skewers (my kids like halved grape tomatoes, cucumber and carrot sticks) with ranch, slices of cheese and turkey rolled in a whole wheat tortilla spread with cream cheese then sliced into "pinwheels" (you can also add shredded veggies to this)

Answer by missanc at 11:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• My daughter has to eat what I make. She held out 2 days and all she got was water. I let her plate sit in the fridge & would get it out to offer it to her whenever she said she was hungry. I just can't stand when parents cater to their children like they're running a restaurant. *Getting off my soapbox now*
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• This is probably not a stage. This is more likely the start of a power struggle.

Mine like all sorts of fruit (except grapefruit), most veg (but will fight over corn on the cob and avocado- lol), all fish, love prawns, and would kill for roast chicken drumsticks.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I don't think it's a stage either. She's just eating only what she likes because you let her. My son is 3 and eats what I put on the table. Try using dips to make things more fun. Yogurt-based dips for fruits and veggies, honey for chicken. When making meals, put out at least 1 thing you know she likes and 1 new thing that she has to try a bite of. Anyone can handle 1 bite. Good Luck!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I don't always agree with that, some children are just picky eaters, my daughter will eat almost anything , my nephew is painful!! He would rather not eat than try something different, he is one of those kids that doesn't care for eating he will take it or leave it. , going 24 hrs without eating is nothing for him , so I think it's easy to judge when you don't have a picky eater
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• 24 hours with a picky eater is nothing - agreed. However, it's up to you if you want to be a slave to your child's fads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2013