When you make meatloaf, what do you put in it?

Eggs, Italian breadcrumbs, onions, peppers, and sometimes I stuff it with cheese. I make a honey BBQ glaze for on top

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 11:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Food & Drink

• One egg, a box of herb stuffing mix, one can of tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Ground turkey, minced carrots, minced onions, minced celery, garlic, Tony Chaceries Creole, worcheshire and pepper. I top it with a glaze mixture. Ketchup,tomatoe sauce and brown sugar. I wrap bacon ontop and sprinkle fresh rosemary.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 11:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Eggs, onion, raw oats, tomato paste (it is my mom's recipe she got off the back of the Quaker oats container and modified 35-40 years ago). No glaze on top.

Answer by missanc at 11:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• i put an egg, plain oats, seasonings/spices, and mix in shredded cheese as well, i always mix up what sauce i put in. sometimes ketchup, sometimes bbq, sometimes a little bit of A-1.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I make mine exactly like missanic but use ground beef, and ground pork mixed together.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• An egg, maybe two, depending on how much I'm making; the heels from a loaf of bread if it's almost gone, two slices of bread if it's not; salt, pepper, sage, parsley, whatever else I feel like putting in. I don't measure things out at all, it's more of a "that looks good" kind of thing. For the topping I mix brown sugar and ketchup to taste. Sometimes it's sweeter, sometimes not.

My meatloaf is requested by my family. I learned how to make it from my gramma, who did the same thing; some of this, some of that, whatever's on hand.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• ground beef, 2 eggs, bran cereal, salt, pepper, a dash of garlic salt, onion, a little water and ketchup, glaze with Worcestershire sauce, honey, and ketchup.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I buy the lipton onion soup mix and follow the recipe on the back of the box. Beef, eggs, soup mix, ketchup, water, bread crumbs I think is all that is in there. We rarely eat it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• salsa, cheese, seasonings
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• one egg, italian breadcrumbs, chopped or dried minced onion (or onion soup mix), ketchup, garlic salt/powder, black pepper.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2013