My man just said he wants to not have sex with me for one month to see if he even loves me

He doesn't know if he is using me or not.
He doesn't know what our relationship would be like if we didnt have sex.

Then he just stated that he doesn't know if I love him if we weren't having sex with each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Cool- I would be stoked to not have sex for a month!

I'd just leave him now though. If he is questioning it then he's probably already cheating.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• It this man your DH. Or just a SO? What advice I give you is determaned by who he is to you.

Answer by louise2 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Move on...
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Sex is an important part of a relationship. I can see if maybe he wanted to take a break to bring back some adventure or excitement, but when the question of love gets thrown in their? I suggest counseling or ask him who he is seeing!
    Funaunt

Answer by Funaunt at 4:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Maybe he has an STD and needs for it to get cleared up? I would say that maybe it a good thing to see if you all can get along without sex, if you enjoy each other without it, that is a good thing.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Maybe I'm a little too old-fashioned, but shouldn't he have figured that out before you started having sex? Well, you have 2 options here - either go along with it and abstain for the month or just move on. Keep in mind though, you may choose to not have sex for a month and he could still decide he doesn't love you. Then you would have wasted a month on someone who was just jerking your chain. Something to think about...
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• well...its good to know these things before it gets too serious. i mean if your relationship is all about the sex its gonna fail eventually...a serious relationship needs a stronger foundation than just good sex. sex does not equal love.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I don't really see how not having sex for a month will tell him anything, but I also don't see the harm in going along with it. What do you have to lose, except a roll or two in the hay? Your relationship is already on shaky ground. But then, like Staci, I'd be stoked to get a free pass for a month.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• oh my gosh- the STD thing is super scary! I said he probably already cheated, but if he did need to take meds to clear up an STD it would probably take a month- what a weird thing to give a timeframe for no sex. Something is up.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• It sounds to me like he is full of himself. Jump when I say jump.Please. Go find you someone that will respect who you are, and not whatever they say and want. I always thought a relationship is giving and taking and comprising that will benefit both parties.
    Babycakes490

Answer by Babycakes490 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2013