I am I crazy or would you have called to?

I live in a somewhat sketchy area. Not super bad but not super safe either. I pulled into my apt complex and there was a little boy about seven on the corner, on the sidewalk. Completely alone. He looked like he was waiting for someone but I know the elem bus came at least 15-15 minutes before. I had never seen him before. I talked to DH and we decided to call the Non-emergency number to have a police officer go check up on him. I was literally scared he was going to get hit, kidnapped or lured. Am I nuts to have called? Now that I called I feel like I am nuts. I did tell them 'He may be fine and waiting for someone but as a mother I was concerned to see him alone on that corner.'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• No, you weren't crazy to call. Just concerned.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Not nuts
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I would have asked the boy myself. If I was seven and a cop talked to me I would probably be terrified! lol. But no, not crazy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I would have called. Better safe than sorry.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I though me- a stranger- walking towards him might be scarier than the cop. lol. Yeah- I did not want to see him on the news later...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2013