Do any of you Moms know of any organizations that help with getting a Car

I need a car for my family, and right now I can't afford one . I have heard of an organization in New York, but do they have them in the state of Washington. Any information would be kindly appreciated.

Babycakes490

Asked by Babycakes490 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Money & Work

• Contact your local Dept of Social Services.
    The one I work at has a program for clients who are in the program that is helping people to get education and jobs.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Call 211- it is a free call form any phone and they will be able to tell you about, and give you contact information for anyone who may be able to assist you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• We have one locally, but I'm not in Washington State. Many times these type of things are not run through social services, they are run privately (the local one is supported by churches). I've often wondered how people that need the help find out about it.

Answer by missanc at 6:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I'd call the local tv station. They usually know what/who helps with what. I've seen Public Service Announcements about this on tv so that's why I suggested them

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2013