• In the Spotlight:

I'm 41 and I just found out I'm pregnant.This is a very unexpected pregnancy. He is 47 and does not have any children. He has always talked about adoption,but he does not want this baby and he wants me to get an abortion. He says the reason for it is that he is starting to feel the effects of aging and does not want to be a 57 year old Dad to a 10 year old. I would like to keep the baby. Should I get the abortion?

My husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for 6 months and I have an 11 year old from my previous marriage.
He says he would prefer adoption because we could adopt and older child versus a baby so he won't be so old as the child gets older. Please help!

chiMom971

Asked by chiMom971 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Keep the baby rethink keeping the husband.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• While you should hear him out. He should also hear you out. You are a couple and this decisions, while ultimately yours, should be discussed seriously and with open minds.
    Anonymous

• The decision is yours. If you want to keep the baby then you keep the baby. There are worse things than being a 57 year old dad to a 10 year old. Talk it out he may change his mind... and if not then you may have to rethink the marriage. Don't do anything you will regret later. Think in the long term.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Your husband wants you to get an abortion? I'm sorry but that is so sad. I think this is a personal choice you are going to have to make. I know I would not be able to have the abortion.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• A. I would like to keep the baby

B. Should I get the abortion?

No, you should not get the abortion. If he was concerned about being an older father, he should have wrapped it up or had a vasectomy. Birth control is the responsibility of both parties.

I am of the very strong opinion that if you have a single doubt about having an abortion, you should not have an abortion
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Follow your heart, Just be ready for the fall out if you keep the child. Do not feel bad. Guys do not always understand .
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Congratulations on the pregnancy!

So sorry for your divorce.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• He's in panic mode and will likely snap out of it. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• agree^
    he is in panic mode
    whatever happens to his thinking
    follow your heart
    you do not want abortion- then do not do that- period
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• No. If you do not want to abort then don't. You will end up regretting it and that's not something you can take back.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2013