Your best curbside freebie? anyone else find goodies that others 'throw out'

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• when i was in college OH yeah! my favorite time of the year was when everyone was cleaning out their on-campus apartments for summer. oh the great things i would pick up! an awesome bean bag (it was huge!), a small nightstand, a framed Beatles poster, a perfectly fine toaster oven, and a George Foreman that looked liked it had never been used. the stuff near the dumpsters of the richer kid's apartments was the best cause their parents paid for it all so they had no concept of what stuff was really worth.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Paxy, were you dumpster diving for dinner again??
    LMAP.

To answer your question, I dont pick anything up off the curb.
    I had a hostess' cat pee on one of my suitcases. I threw it out, and I saw one of my neighbors take it in their house. Next week, it was out on their curb. Lol. You never know WHY something is out there!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• we got an air hockey/ ping pong table
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• A big Jade plant that I found outside a restaurant that closed.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• When we lived in a townhouse, all the neighbors would sit things beside the dumpsters that where in still in good condition. I got a desk chair that I used for the next two years... I also got a glass coffee table... we also used that for about three years.

I sat a perfectly good microwave out there because we were moving into a duplex that had a microwave and we had no room for it. Luckily, there were several guys right across the parking lot and they came running to retrieve it...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• A oak baby bed.....it did not have the screws but we found some that fit ..
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 10:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Lots of things desks, chairs pictures and plants.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I found a nearly new vacuum cleaner that just needed the bag changed. I used it for ages before it finally died.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• this spring i will be looking for a vacuum, if i take home and it does not work- then i will put it out a nd try to find one until one works

i have gotten a bunch of plastic outside play things- those little tykes car things, pick them up, power wash them- and good to go
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I found like 10 boxes of books at a free yardsale I loved it!
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2013