i have a really tempermental son ????

my almost three yr old son has a bad short temper and he hits ,throws his toys and he screams and he gets punished not hit but time out and corner and it never ends.what can i do to tone down the violent and he has never seen fighting so i dont know where he learned it.is there anything i can do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That's why he acts like he does due to you don't spank him!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• k. totally sympasise. it mite not be your fault, c the journal i put in bout my 2 yr old yestaday. do you give him energy drinks? sum peeps do and its a total nono.... u know wot i wud try..omega oils. you can gets kids supplements and i think they are worth a try 100% they do kinda stabilise your kid and help them concentrate and they are medicaly proven to work. is your son up to par with other kids or is he slightly behind in deveoplment ot communication.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 4:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yeah and i dont spank my kids either and my 3yr old is an angel and kids hit bak if you hit them.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 4:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Did the 1st anon miss the i don't hit part from the person who asked the question? I'm so understanding the question. We do our best to not hit and spank. Time out never works and he's always on 'GO'. To angelmomma2, I did not ask the question, but searched for an answer myself and you gave one worth looking into. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Look into the book "Raising your Spirited Child". I have a son with similar tendancies and it's helped me understand why he acts like that, and how I can help him stop. There's a group on here too! GL
    Angelfey

Answer by Angelfey at 9:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Give your son physical outlets for his emotional energy - I have my son hit pillows, pound his bed, jump or stomp. He needs to have a physical outlet for his strong emotions - trying to keep him still only bottles them up but doesn't teach him to to let him out appropriately. He needs to learn at an early age that these emotions are OKAY, but he also needs to learn how to express without hurting anyone.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• He's two, so he doesn't have the language skill set to tell you what he needs or wants. He gets frustrated and starts acting out. In my house the toy gets a time out as well as the child. Then we talk, key word 'we.' My two have to use words to tell me what happened. At two this might be hard, but maybe a nice visual demonstration. It gets easier as they gain more language to communicate. I think that is why two and three are tough ages.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2009