What is a good video camera for an 8 year old?

My son has recently gotten into making videos. He has been using my phone to record his things but I would like to get him his own video camera. He actually won a Flip Camera, however, after one use it didn't work. = (

Any suggestions? Preferably something easy to use and under $100.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2013 in Technology

• Found it!!!!

check out amazon or overstock etc to fid the best price. just remember to clear your cache ofte otherwise the price will always be higher the second time you look at it compared to the first time

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• oh!
    I found a perfect kids camera for about $40 around xmas,
    its drop proof and waterproof (like 10 ft)
    give me a bit- maybe tomorrow
    didnt get it for the teen because she lost the nook, but she found it yesterday- so i will figure it out for you cause we need one too :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I Know!!!!
    Isn't it cool? You can even take it to the pool and get the shots of your kids faces as they dive.
    I wanted it for me to share with her because she's really good with my professional camera- but if she lost the damn Nook.

Check it out. I, oops, she, is getting a new camera :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I would say if You have a video camera give him your old one and upgrade your own. Or go to a pawn shop and buy one from there. I would not buy anything new or expensive for an 8 year old. My 15 yr old brother got one for Christmas and already broke it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• KidTuff makes some fairly sturdy, inexpensive cameras for kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I don't have a video camera other than what is on my phone. Besides, he has been able to take care of his DS and Kindle, so I really don't see the difference in buying him a camera and expecting responsibility from that as well.

As far as KidTuff, I had bought one for him when he was about 3-4. They are great for that age, but the quality of the pictures/videos are horrible.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• Thanks, feralxat

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I love it! And it will be perfect for our outdoor trips as well. Thanks, feralxat!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2013