When do you begin ovulating?

Im-HiDdEn

Asked by Im-HiDdEn at 9:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• February is the perfect month to discuss cycles.
    If you got your period on Feb 1st, that is day 1 of your cycle. How long your period lasts is irrelevant.
    If you have an average 28 day cycle, you'll ovulate about half way thru. 28/2=14. February 14th. Valentine's Day.
    If you were to have unprotected sex on Valentine's Day, your chances of getting pregnant would be pretty good!
    Your next expected period would be on March 1st.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Depends on your cycle. For myself it's usually about 11 days after the beginning of my period.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I heard it is around 14 days after your first day of your period.

Answer by louise2 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Around 2 weeks after you period ends....for me anyway. Everyone is different. If you are trying to get pregnant, I suggest using a perod tracking site(I use www.mymonthlycycles.com) It keeps track of when you have your period and tells you when you should be ovulating and when you are most fertile.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• For me is normally on the 14 day after the first day of my period. But I have ovulate around the 12-15 it varies but is always close to the 14
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Go to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ and learn how to track your cycle so that you can pinpoint ovulation. Every woman is different.

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 10:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• More specific please. You only ovulate once a month and there is really not a beginning and end it only lasts a few moments. You can get pregnant by having sex a few days before or a day or two after you ovulate though. If you are asking what age, that varies. If you are asking when you start after having a baby that varies also. I ovulate between 13-15 days after the start of my last menstrual period.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Once a month, every month.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2013